RSS

Tag Archives: trial

The Chumph Now Looking Into “Pardons” Is an Admission of Criminal Activity

The Chumph apparently believes he can pardon himself. It is a frank admission of numerous crimes by himself, his children, and acolytes,

The most criminal administration in history is going down.

Can the Chumph pardon himself? Most Constitutional scholars say no.

The Chumph is undeniably stupid enough to try, though.

Trump pushes his ‘complete power’ to pardon

Image result for impeaching trump

President Donald Trump claimed on Saturday morning that “all agree” that he has full power to pardon, following reports that his legal team is exploring his ability to pardon not only his allies and family members but also himself.

“While all agree the U. S. President has the complete power to pardon, why think of that when only crime so far is LEAKS against us.FAKE NEWS,” Trump tweeted.

The Washington Post reported earlier this week that Trump’s lawyers are looking into his pardon powers, a move that prompted a swift rebuke from the Democratic leaders of the House and Senate intelligence committees conducting wide-ranging Russia-related probes.

Special counsel Robert Mueller is also leading a sprawling Russia probe and is said to be investigating whether Trump obstructed justice, in part by firing James Comey, the former FBI director then leading the Russia probe.

Despite Trump’s claim, many legal experts say the extent of his pardon power is far from a settled question. According to Richard Primus, a University of Michigan law professor, Trump would be entering uncharted territory if he tried to pardon himself.

He also said many constitutional lawyers are skeptical that such a move would be legally sound.

“The Constitution doesn’t specify whether the president can pardon himself, and no court has ever ruled on the issue, because no president has ever been brazen enough to try it,” he wrote for POLITICO Magazine.

“Among constitutional lawyers, the dominant (though not unanimous) answer is ‘no,’ in part because letting any person exempt himself from criminal liability would be a fundamental affront to America’s basic rule-of-law values.”

 

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cosby Mistrial

It doesn’t say he is guilty or innocent – just that the entire jury wasn’t convinced of guilt or innocence…

Mistrial declared in Bill Cosby sex-assault trial

A Pennsylvania judge declared a mistrial Saturday after a jury was “hopelessly deadlocked” on sexual-assault charges against Bill Cosby, the comic legend whose legacy as a promoter of wholesome values has been tarnished by a years-long sex and drugging scandal.

As the mistrial was declared, Cosby sat at the defense table with his chin held high, a flat, blank look on his face. Across the well of the courtroom, jurors stood one-by-one in the jury box and said, “Yes,” as the judge asked whether each whether they agreed that the jury is “hopelessly deadlocked.”

The jurors answered without hesitation, but several slumped forward in their chairs, elbows on their knees and fingers knit, looks of frustration on their faces.

After the questioning was done, the entertainer sat back in his chair, holding a slender cane that has been with him inside the courtroom each day to his chest. Cosby’s family was not in the courtroom to hear the judge’s decision.

The jury filed out almost within arm’s reach of Andrea Constand, Cosby’s accuser. She stood respectfully, with a strained smile on her face. Afterwards, prosecutor Kevin Steele announced in court that he will retry Cosby.

The courtroom emptied quickly, but the two main players in this 11-day melodrama lingered. Constand, in the brilliantly white lightweight blazer she’d worn on the witness stand, stood along the edge of the courtroom wall. Six accusers who had attended the trial as spectators, some with tears in their eyes, lined up to console her with long, sad hugs. The former professional basketball player’s face was flush, but her eyes were dry.

Across the courtroom, a small entourage of Cosby aides broke into wide smiles and clapped each other on the back. Amid the celebration, the aging comic sat by himself at his regular spot at the defense table. No one from his family was there to share the moment, and the members of his defense team and support staff had turned their attention elsewhere.

Cosby, knowing that he’ll be tried again, looked pensive as he sat tilted forward with his legs spread wide and his eyes cast to the floor. He draped a long finger across his upper lip, and for several minutes was alone with his thoughts. Then, his expression changed. For a split second, a smile crossed his face.

Finally, one of his defense attorneys, Angela Agrusa, spied him sitting there alone, and went over to offer her arm. They walked down the center aisle of the courtroom together, weaving through celebratory Cosby aides, and journalists. But the path was blocked and they had to stop.

Cosby and his attorney paused momentarily.

“You lead the way,” Cosby said to Agrusa.

Outside the courthouse, Cosby’s press spokesman thrust a fist in the air triumphantly as the comedian made his way down a ramp flanked by metal barricades and a leafy hedge in the rain. A handful of supporters chanted, “Let Bill go,” as Cosby was helped into an idling black SUV. Cosby turned for a moment to a crowd in which journalists outnumbered supporters at least 25-to-one. Then he was gone.

The jurors, who had complained of exhaustion, deliberated 52 hours before finally saying they could not reach a verdict on three counts of aggravated indecent assault against the 79-year-old entertainer. But the hung jury does not end Cosby’s legal troubles because he could be retried on the same charges and is still facing lawsuits filed by some of the 60 women who have accused him of sexual assault, rape or sexual harassment.

As deliberations dragged on, signs of discontent in the jury room kept emerging. The jurors, who had been kept working for 12- and 13-hour days by Steven T. O’Neill, the Montgomery County judge overseeing the case, since beginning their cloistered discussions Monday afternoon, asked to go back to the hotel early on Tuesday. The next day they expressed “concerns” to court officials, though the judge did not reveal the substance of their complaints.

Defense attorneys furiously demanded a mistrial many times in the courtroom during the lengthy deliberations, but Judge O’Neill insisted on letting the jury continue its work. Cosby’s press team angered the judge by holding impromptu news conferences on the courthouse steps, fulminating for a mistrial and criticizing the judge for allowing deliberations to stretch longer than anyone could remember in previous cases held in this scruffy Philadelphia suburb.

Late Thursday morning, just after passing the 30-hour mark in deliberations, jurors formally announced for the first time that they were deadlocked in a one-sentence note saying they could not reach a “unanimous consensus” on any of the counts. The judge gave the standard order to keep trying, but they were ultimately unable to break the deadlock. When he first heard about the deadlock, Cosby walked out of the courtroom with a smile on his face.

 
Leave a comment

Posted by on June 17, 2017 in Giant Negros

 

Tags: , , , ,

Walter Scott Murderer, ex-Cop Michael Slager to Plead Guilty in Federal Court

Those who are either old enough to remember the KKK murders in places like Mississippi, and the resultant trials where all-white juries of the time couldn’t find them guilty will draw a correlation between the Walter Scott Murder trial ending in a hung jury despite video evidence that he was murdered by former Officer Michael Slager.

In quite possibly the last Civil Rights prosecution until the racist Chumph and his minions are removed from office, one small victory.

Sources: Police officer arrested in Walter Scott shooting to plead guilty in federal civil rights case

The former North Charleston police officer who was filmed shooting Walter Scott to death is expected to plead guilty this afternoon in connection with a federal civil rights prosecution, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the case.

Such a plea agreement for Michael Slager, 35, would come on the eve of his trial stemming from the April 2015 killing.

It remains unclear to what charges Slager would plead. In federal court, sentencing also is seldom handed down on the same day as a plea. Instead, probation agents would prepare a pre-sentencing report in the coming weeks, and a judge would decide a penalty later.

The sources confirmed that Slager was scheduled to enter the plea during a 2:30 p.m. hearing at U.S. District Court in downtown Charleston, but they declined to publicly discuss the development until then. The former lawman also could change his mind before the proceeding.

A Scott family spokesman, Ryan Julison, said the loved ones would speak out after the hearing.

Slager could face as little as no prison time and as much as life behind bars on the most serious count against him: deprivation of rights under the color of law. He also is charged with lying to state investigators and using a firearm in a violent crime.

In state court, where a hung jury prompted a mistrial last year, Slager is still charged with murder. It’s unknown whether that case also would be resolved.

Jury selection for the May 15 federal trial had been scheduled for next week.

Today’s pretrial hearing had been set for this morning, but it was rescheduled for the afternoon, according to a Monday filing that did not give a reason for the time change. The hearing was expected to be lengthy, with attorneys offering expert testimony and arguing in front of Judge David Norton about whether certain witnesses should be allowed to testify in the trial.

Slager, who is white, has maintained that he shot Scott, 50, a black man, in self-defense after Scott took his Taser.

But the federal indictment alleged that Slager used excessive force when he opened fire.

The officer pulled over Scott’s car because of a broken brake light on April 4, 2015, and Scott ran. Slager said Scott grabbed the stun gun during a fight.

But the video, filmed by eyewitness Feidin Santana, showed Scott turning around and running as Slager pulled his .45-caliber pistol and started shooting. Five of the eight bullets hit Scott from behind.

Santana called it “abuse,” and his footage captured worldwide attention amid scrutiny of police uses of force against black people.

A jury made up of Charleston County residents last year considered Santana’s and Slager’s views in state court, where the panel could not agree on whether Slager had committed murder, manslaughter or no crime at all.

The jurors for the civil rights proceeding are scheduled to be chosen next week in Columbia from a pool of residents from across South Carolina.

The defense team, led by attorney Andy Savage, had argued that a jury that’s less exposed to intense news coverage of the shooting would give Slager a fairer trial.

 
1 Comment

Posted by on May 2, 2017 in BlackLivesMatter

 

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Cop Who Murdered Walter Scott Walks Free

As predicted. You pick 11 people at random in the South for a Jury – you are going to get at least 1 racist asshole.

 

 

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Philando Castile Cop Murderer Charged With Manslaughter

Not that I have a lot of faith that the system will actually produce a successful prosecution…But…

Minn. Police Officer Who Killed Philando Castile Is Charged With Manslaughter

The police officer The Driving Life And Death Of Philando Castile who shot and killed Philando Castile in a St. Paul, Minn., suburb in July has been charged with second-degree manslaughter.

Ramsey County Attorney John Choi said the use of force by St. Anthony Police Officer Jeronimo Yanez was not justified. A review of dashboard camera video revealed that “no reasonable officer” would have used deadly force in this circumstance, Choi said.

“Philando Castile was not resisting or fleeing,” Choi added at a press conference Wednesday. “There was absolutely no criminal intent exhibited by him throughout this encounter… he was respectful and complaint … he volunteered in good faith that he had a fire arm beyond what the law requires.”

Castile, a beloved school cafeteria manager, was shot and killed by Yanez during a routine traffic stop. The shooting unleashed days of violent protests in Minnesota.

An NPR review of court records showed that Castile, a 32-year-old black man, had been stopped 46 times before by police.

 
Leave a comment

Posted by on November 16, 2016 in BlackLivesMatter

 

Tags: , , , , , ,

More Child Rape Allegations Against Trump – Trial After Election

Win or lose, the first thing that is going to happen after November 8th is the Chumph is going to court.  He is the defendant in several Civil (so far) cases relative to the fraud in Trump University, and now at least one, and possibly three case of child rape. One of which could involve the murder of a victim to cover it up.

Either of which, if decided against him, would disqualify him from being President (another impeachment, anyone?)

Witness: Trump also raped 12-year-old — and used her disappearance to threaten another victim

Image result for Trump Epstein

A Witness who’s backing a woman’s child rape claims against Donald Trump also accused the Republican presidential nominee of sexually assaulting another, even younger girl.

Trump is due to appear in federal court Dec. 16 for a status conference after a judge allowed the lawsuit, which seeks $75,000 in damages, to move forward.

The alleged victim, identified in the suit as “Jane Doe,” claims Trump brutally raped her in 1994, when she was 13 years old, and threatened to harm her and her family if she talked.

The suit was originally filed last year in California by a woman named Katie Johnson, but that case was thrown out May 2 because the complaint failed to properly state any specific federal civil rights violations.Image result for Trump Epstein

The lawsuit was refiled in New York in June, but without Johnson’s name, her request for $100 million and absent several explosive claims from the previous suit — including an allegation that Trump had given money to the victim and ordered her to get an abortion.

Two other women — identified as “Joan Doe” and “Tiffany Doe” — have been added to the newer suit as witnesses.

Both witnesses say they worked as “party planners” for billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, who paid them to “attract adolescent women” to events he hosted at the Wexner Mansion in New York.

Tiffany Doe says in court documents that she lured Jane Doe to a party with the promise of money and meeting contacts in the modeling industry.

She claims in the documents that she personally witnessed the girl being forced to engage in various sex acts with Trump and Epstein, who she said were aware of her age.

“I personally witnessed four sexual encounters that the Plaintiff was forced to have with Mr. Trump during this period, including the fourth of these encounters where Mr. Trump forcibly raped her despite her pleas to stop,” Tiffany Doe alleges.

Image result for Trump EpsteinTiffany Doe said she also witnessed Trump forcing Jane Doe and a 12-year-old girl identified as “Maria” to perform oral sex on him and then physically abuse both of them afterward.

The woman said her job duties required her to “personally witness and supervise encounters between the underage girls that Mr. Epstein hired and his guests,” according to court documents.

Epstein, a financier who was also friends with Bill and Hillary Clinton, was convicted in 2008 of soliciting an underage girl for prostitution and served 13 months of an 18-year prison term.

Tiffany Doe said both Trump and Epstein threatened to harm Jane Doe if she ever revealed the physical and sexual abuse she endured — and she said the future GOP presidential nominee’s warning was particularly ominous.

“I personally witnessed Defendant Trump telling the Plaintiff that she shouldn’t ever say anything if she didn’t want to disappear like the 12-year-old female Maria, and that he was capable of having her whole family killed,” Tiffany Doe alleged.

Tiffany Doe said after she stopped working for Epstein in 2002, he threatened to kill her and her family if she ever revealed the child rape operation he oversaw.

The woman, who started working for Epstein in 1990, said she had put herself at great risk by agreeing to back Jane Doe’s claims against Trump but swore her allegations were truthful.

“I fully understand that that the life of myself and my family is now in grave danger,” she said.Image result for Trump Epstein

 
Leave a comment

Posted by on November 1, 2016 in Chumph Butt Kicking, Domestic terrorism

 

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Trump the Child Molester – Headed to Court in December for Rape

That didn’t take long… But Wait! There’s More!

Image result for Trump Epstein

Trump to head to court in December for allegedly tying up and raping a 13-year-old girl

A lawsuit claiming that Republican nominee Donald Trump raped at least one 13-year-old girl in 1994 may have its day in court after a federal judge reportedly ordered a status conference to review the case, the Independent reported Tuesday.

The lawsuit, filed in the U.S. District Court of New York, alleges that Trump and financier Jeffrey Epstein raped two underage girls at several parties at Epstein’s apartment in Manhattan. The girls, identified in court documents as “Tiffany Doe” and “Jane Doe,” were allegedly promised money and modeling careers if they attended the parties.

The details described in the document are graphic. At one party, Trump is accused of tying one of the young girls to the bed before raping her while the victim repeatedly plead with him to stop.

Trump’s lawyer has denied the accusations. A status conference is a meeting to update the court on how the two sides are proceeding including any settlement discussions under consideration and any discovery that has been conducted.

 

 
Leave a comment

Posted by on October 12, 2016 in Chumph Butt Kicking

 

Tags: , , , , , , ,

 
%d bloggers like this: