Nice try…But you can’t lead a dead horse to water…
Nice try…But you can’t lead a dead horse to water…
Faux New riling up the crazies against black folks…Again.
A black professor was forced to cancel the rest of her book tour after a Fox News report prompted dozens of death threats against her — and she accuses the conservative network of inciting its viewers to violence.
Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor delivered the commencement address last month at Hampshire College, and Fox News aired a portion of the 20-minute speech Sunday that called attention to her criticism of President Donald Trump, reported The Stranger.
Taylor, a Princeton University professor of African-American studies, described the president as a “racist, sexist, megalomaniac,” and the Fox News report suggested that she was encouraging activists to lawlessly thwart the Trump agenda.
After the report on her “Anti-POTUS tirade” aired, Taylor said she has received more than 50 hateful and threatening emails — some of which were issued with such specificity that she canceled portions of a tour to promote her new book, “From #BlackLivesMatter to Black Liberation.”
“Shortly after the Fox story and video were published, my work email was inundated with vile and violent statements. I have been repeatedly called ‘n****r,’ ‘b*tch,’ ‘c*nt,’ ‘dyke,’ ‘she-male,’ and ‘coon’ — a clear reminder that racial violence is closely aligned with gender and sexual violence,” Taylor said. “I have been threatened with lynching and having the bullet from a .44 Magnum put in my head.”
She accused the conservative network of airing the report in an attempt to silence her and other Trump critics.
“I am not a newsworthy person,” Taylor said. “Fox did not run this story because it was ‘news,’ but to incite and unleash the mob-like mentality of its fringe audience, anticipating that they would respond with a deluge of hate-filled emails — or worse. The threat of violence, whether it is implied or acted on, is intended to intimidate and to silence.”
Taylor placed the threats into context with recent violent acts by white supremacists, including the fatal stabbings of two men on a commuter train in Portland, Oregon.
“Their side uses the threat of violence and intimidation because they cannot compete in the field of politics, ideas, and organizing,” she said. “The true strength of our side has not yet been expressed in its size and breadth, and so they believe they are winning. We have to change this dynamic and begin to build a massive movement against racism, sexism, and bigotry in this country. I remain undaunted in my commitment to that project.”
Roger Ailes took an “abrupt vacation”
Bill O’Reilly took…an “abrupt vacation”
And so have a number of the now “dead bodies” piled up outside of Faux Central.
Is it something in the air?
Another die-hard Chumph supporter to meet his ignoble end?
Fox News host Sean Hannity is taking an early vacation this week right as advertisers have started fleeing his show.
Hannity announced in his Twitter account Wednesday night that he was taking a “long” Memorial Day weekend starting on Thursday, and he insisted that it had nothing to do with the growing backlash against him for pushing the debunked conspiracy theory about the murder of slain DNC staffer Seth Rich.
“My ANNUAL Memorial Day long weekend starts NOW,” Hannity wrote. “Destroy Trump/Conservative media breathless coverage starts! Did Hannity do last show?”
So far, at least seven different advertisers have agreed to stop buying ads on his TV show, including Cars.com, USAA and Crowne Plaza Hotels.
Hannity has been under fire after his insistence on pushing false claims about the Seth Rich murder, despite the fact that Fox News had retracted its own story about the supposed conspiracy to cover up Rich’s death, and despite the fact that Rich’s parents have publicly begged Hannity and other right-wing news outlets to stop spreading misinformation about their late son.
Hannity agreed to stop talking about the Rich conspiracy theory on Tuesday night, but by Wednesday morning he was having an angry meltdown on Twitter about “liberal fascists” and George Soros conspiring to silence him.
Fox News denied there was anything unusual about his vacation. “Like the rest of the country, Sean Hannity is taking a vacation for Memorial Day weekend and will be back on Tuesday. Those who suggest otherwise are going to look foolish,” a spokesperson said in a statement.
As if sexual assault and racism wasn’t enough – now former Fox News execs are going down for fraud. No big surprise from an organization built to promote lying to the American public, as well as to promote racism, sexism, and other conservative “ideals” of the elderly white American male and sexual molesters of the Fox Cable News Management team.
Looks like that toilet is finally getting a long overdue flush.
Former Fox Business News expert and CEO Ryan Tate and his father Richard have been indicted by the Oklahoma Attorney General’s office on eight felony charges and one misdemeanor count for their shady Tate Publishing company. The charges include a misdemeanor embezzlement, three felony attempted extortion by threat and each for felony racketeering.
The company was started more than 20 years ago, according to NewsOK and worked with thousands to publish their books and music. Suddenly, however, Tate Publishing was being sued by printing services for millions. They abruptly closed in Jan. 2017 and lost additional suits brought by Xerox and Lighting Source when Tate failed to comply with subpoenas.
The attorney general’s office received over 800 requests to investigate the publishing company for complaints by people who felt they were scammed by the company.
“A review of bank records shows that monies derived from the sale of publishing or music production services were deposited into business checking accounts and then transferred to Ryan Tate and Christy Tate and/or Richard Tate and Rita Tate’s personal checking accounts,” Agent Elizabeth Fullbright said during a press conference.
“Bank records also show that the $50 processing fee checks from authors, made payable to Tate Publishing, were deposited directly into both Tate Publishing checking accounts and the personal bank account of Richard and Rita Tate. Richard and Rita Tate’s account appears to be used for personal transactions, including dining and entertainment at casinos in Oklahoma,” she revealed.
The situation got even worse when snarky political blog The Lost Ogle released an audio recording of company President Ryan Tate
“The righteous will prevail. I’ve spent a lot of time this weekend in tears with my family,” Tate told workers. “Good people are going to lose their jobs. It’s not fair, it’s not right, but that’s the reality of the situation. Any good organization — Jesus himself is the perfect mix of mercy, grace and justice. And I’ve probably failed you that I’ve been a little too lenient and a little too on the side of mercy and grace and not enough justice.”
He went on to say that he’s looked the other way and let a lot of things go.
“I tried to be nice. I trusted you. Good God!” Tate exclaimed. He then accused them of being on Facebook or watching Netflix while at work. “I trust you. But all I get is bellyaching, moaning, groaning, the grass is greener on the other side. How stupid do you have to be, in this day in age, in this economy to even play with fire like that?”
If convicted the elder Tate will likely die in prison while his son “plays with fire” behind bars for quite a while. Additional charges might be added as the investigation continues as they sift through the hundreds of complaints. The attorney general’s office isn’t clear on how much money was “wrongfully obtained” by the Tates.
Got a “twofer” today, with Fox News President and his protege being cut loose…An Sean Hannity seeing his cover man and enabler leaving…Heads for the Fire Exit!
Another day, another major ouster at Fox News.
Two of Gabriel Sherman’s sources claim that Fox News co-president Bill Shine was relieved of his duties as of Monday morning.
Shortly after the New York Magazine reporter broke the news on Twitter, 21st Century Fox CEO Rupert Murdoch put out a statement confirming Shine’s resignation. In addition to Shine’s resignation, Murdoch also announced that Suzanne Scott would be taking over as the president of programming, while Jay Wallace would take over as president of news.
One source tells Sherman that several women at Fox in recent days started circulating a petition that called for Shine to be fired. Fox’s on-air talent is apparently stunned by the news, and one Fox host tells Sherman that they have “no idea what’s going on.”
Sherman also notes that Shine was former Fox News boss Roger Ailes’ “righthand guy,” who was “involved in carrying out Ailes’s attacks on enemies, including instructing Fox talent to go after me.”
Earlier this year, longtime Fox News contributor Julie Roginsky filed a lawsuit against the network that claimed Shine “aided and abetted” sexual harassment committed by former Fox News boss Roger Ailes.
Shine’s departure now marks the third major firing of longtime Fox personnel in the wake of the network’s multiple sexual harassment scandals, along with Roger Ailes and longtime star host Bill O’Reilly.
Last week, Fox host Sean Hannity reacted with alarm to news that Shine might soon be on his way out the door, and even claimed that his firing would be “the end of Fox News as we know it.”
Popular Fox News nighttime host Sean Hannity may leave the conservative news network as early as after this evening’s broadcast following Monday’s resignation of Fox News co-president Bill Shine, reports the Daily Beast.
According to the Beast, sources at the network state that negotiations between Hannity’s lawyers and the network could end this week with Hannity off the air by Friday. Another source said Hannity could say his farewells this evening.
Hannity is known to be very close to Shine, once saying the network ousting him would be the “end of FNC as we know it.”
According to New York Magazine editor Gabriel Sherman, Fox sources say Hannity has a “key man clause” in his Fox contract that would allow him to leave the network at any time.
The loss of headliner Hannity would be another blow to the network that recently dismissed popular hosts Bill O’Reilly and Megyn Kelly.
According to a Fox spokesperson rumors of Hannity’s exit are “Completely untrue.”
The hits just keep on coming. Now the Postal Service is investigating Faux News for being “Funny with the money” Postal Fraud includes a number of things, including money laundering, false statements about finances, and transmission of fraudulent documents. This is serious stuff, typically Felony level.
The federal investigation into Fox News is widening with two agencies now looking into the network’s practices.
A person familiar with the investigation has confirmed to CBS News that investigators from the U.S. Postal Inspection Service are involved in the Justice Department probe into Fox News. That investigation is reportedly looking into money matters at the network, reports CBS News correspondent Jericka Duncan.
While the existence of the Justice Department investigation came to light two months ago, the Postal Inspection Service’s involvement is new.
Meanwhile, the network has been lashed by a series of.
Eleven current and former employees filed a class action suit last month, claiming executives fostered a “culture of severe racial harassment” and ignored their complaints going back years.
Fox News denied those claims, promising to “vigorously defend these cases.”