Nice try…But you can’t lead a dead horse to water…
Nice try…But you can’t lead a dead horse to water…
Faux New riling up the crazies against black folks…Again.
A black professor was forced to cancel the rest of her book tour after a Fox News report prompted dozens of death threats against her — and she accuses the conservative network of inciting its viewers to violence.
Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor delivered the commencement address last month at Hampshire College, and Fox News aired a portion of the 20-minute speech Sunday that called attention to her criticism of President Donald Trump, reported The Stranger.
Taylor, a Princeton University professor of African-American studies, described the president as a “racist, sexist, megalomaniac,” and the Fox News report suggested that she was encouraging activists to lawlessly thwart the Trump agenda.
After the report on her “Anti-POTUS tirade” aired, Taylor said she has received more than 50 hateful and threatening emails — some of which were issued with such specificity that she canceled portions of a tour to promote her new book, “From #BlackLivesMatter to Black Liberation.”
“Shortly after the Fox story and video were published, my work email was inundated with vile and violent statements. I have been repeatedly called ‘n****r,’ ‘b*tch,’ ‘c*nt,’ ‘dyke,’ ‘she-male,’ and ‘coon’ — a clear reminder that racial violence is closely aligned with gender and sexual violence,” Taylor said. “I have been threatened with lynching and having the bullet from a .44 Magnum put in my head.”
She accused the conservative network of airing the report in an attempt to silence her and other Trump critics.
“I am not a newsworthy person,” Taylor said. “Fox did not run this story because it was ‘news,’ but to incite and unleash the mob-like mentality of its fringe audience, anticipating that they would respond with a deluge of hate-filled emails — or worse. The threat of violence, whether it is implied or acted on, is intended to intimidate and to silence.”
Taylor placed the threats into context with recent violent acts by white supremacists, including the fatal stabbings of two men on a commuter train in Portland, Oregon.
“Their side uses the threat of violence and intimidation because they cannot compete in the field of politics, ideas, and organizing,” she said. “The true strength of our side has not yet been expressed in its size and breadth, and so they believe they are winning. We have to change this dynamic and begin to build a massive movement against racism, sexism, and bigotry in this country. I remain undaunted in my commitment to that project.”
Roger Ailes took an “abrupt vacation”
Bill O’Reilly took…an “abrupt vacation”
And so have a number of the now “dead bodies” piled up outside of Faux Central.
Is it something in the air?
Another die-hard Chumph supporter to meet his ignoble end?
Fox News host Sean Hannity is taking an early vacation this week right as advertisers have started fleeing his show.
Hannity announced in his Twitter account Wednesday night that he was taking a “long” Memorial Day weekend starting on Thursday, and he insisted that it had nothing to do with the growing backlash against him for pushing the debunked conspiracy theory about the murder of slain DNC staffer Seth Rich.
“My ANNUAL Memorial Day long weekend starts NOW,” Hannity wrote. “Destroy Trump/Conservative media breathless coverage starts! Did Hannity do last show?”
So far, at least seven different advertisers have agreed to stop buying ads on his TV show, including Cars.com, USAA and Crowne Plaza Hotels.
Hannity has been under fire after his insistence on pushing false claims about the Seth Rich murder, despite the fact that Fox News had retracted its own story about the supposed conspiracy to cover up Rich’s death, and despite the fact that Rich’s parents have publicly begged Hannity and other right-wing news outlets to stop spreading misinformation about their late son.
Hannity agreed to stop talking about the Rich conspiracy theory on Tuesday night, but by Wednesday morning he was having an angry meltdown on Twitter about “liberal fascists” and George Soros conspiring to silence him.
Fox News denied there was anything unusual about his vacation. “Like the rest of the country, Sean Hannity is taking a vacation for Memorial Day weekend and will be back on Tuesday. Those who suggest otherwise are going to look foolish,” a spokesperson said in a statement.
Got a “twofer” today, with Fox News President and his protege being cut loose…An Sean Hannity seeing his cover man and enabler leaving…Heads for the Fire Exit!
Another day, another major ouster at Fox News.
Two of Gabriel Sherman’s sources claim that Fox News co-president Bill Shine was relieved of his duties as of Monday morning.
Shortly after the New York Magazine reporter broke the news on Twitter, 21st Century Fox CEO Rupert Murdoch put out a statement confirming Shine’s resignation. In addition to Shine’s resignation, Murdoch also announced that Suzanne Scott would be taking over as the president of programming, while Jay Wallace would take over as president of news.
One source tells Sherman that several women at Fox in recent days started circulating a petition that called for Shine to be fired. Fox’s on-air talent is apparently stunned by the news, and one Fox host tells Sherman that they have “no idea what’s going on.”
Sherman also notes that Shine was former Fox News boss Roger Ailes’ “righthand guy,” who was “involved in carrying out Ailes’s attacks on enemies, including instructing Fox talent to go after me.”
Earlier this year, longtime Fox News contributor Julie Roginsky filed a lawsuit against the network that claimed Shine “aided and abetted” sexual harassment committed by former Fox News boss Roger Ailes.
Shine’s departure now marks the third major firing of longtime Fox personnel in the wake of the network’s multiple sexual harassment scandals, along with Roger Ailes and longtime star host Bill O’Reilly.
Last week, Fox host Sean Hannity reacted with alarm to news that Shine might soon be on his way out the door, and even claimed that his firing would be “the end of Fox News as we know it.”
Popular Fox News nighttime host Sean Hannity may leave the conservative news network as early as after this evening’s broadcast following Monday’s resignation of Fox News co-president Bill Shine, reports the Daily Beast.
According to the Beast, sources at the network state that negotiations between Hannity’s lawyers and the network could end this week with Hannity off the air by Friday. Another source said Hannity could say his farewells this evening.
Hannity is known to be very close to Shine, once saying the network ousting him would be the “end of FNC as we know it.”
According to New York Magazine editor Gabriel Sherman, Fox sources say Hannity has a “key man clause” in his Fox contract that would allow him to leave the network at any time.
The loss of headliner Hannity would be another blow to the network that recently dismissed popular hosts Bill O’Reilly and Megyn Kelly.
According to a Fox spokesperson rumors of Hannity’s exit are “Completely untrue.”
O’Reilly’s “frat boy” buddy Jesse Waters is already in “time out”, less than a week into supposedly replacing his mentor who was fired.
His sin? Using sexual innuendo, men’s locker room “humor” on Ivanka Trump.
World Class stupid.
Déjà vu: Watters follows the path of his mentor, Bill O’Reilly, meaning we may never have to hear from him again
Fox News host Jesse Watters could not even make it a week in his new prime-time slot without offending his audience and colleagues. Watters announced that he is taking an abrupt vacation after his offhand comment about Ivanka Trump stirred a controversy.
“I’m going to be taking a vacation with my family, so I’m not going to be here tomorrow,” Watters said during Wednesday’s “The Five.” “I’ll be back on Monday, so don’t miss me too much.”
Last week, Watters scored a promotion to be a co-host on “The Five” after Fox News reshuffled its prime-time slate to accommodate O’Reilly’s departure. Watters had been a roving correspondent for “The O’Reilly Factor” and even hosted a spinoff show called “Watters World.”
Alas, Watters’ young, burgeoning career as a conservative pundit could be in danger. The last time a Fox News personality announced an unanticipated vacation, he never returned. On Tuesday, Watters made an inappropriate remark about the president’s daughter.
“It’s funny, you know, the left says they really respect women and then when given an opportunity to respect a women like that they boo and hiss,” Watters said. “So I don’t really get what’s going on here, but I really liked how she was speaking into that microphone.”
Wonder if they will give the boy an orange cowboy hat to go with his new uniform?
Sheriff David Clarke, who is really the supervisor of the jail in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin is in serious trouble. At least four deaths have occurred in his jails under questionable circumstances. There appears to be a pattern of prisoner abuse and brutality at the jail, including an incident where a pregnant prisoner was chained to a bed during childbirth. In a case resulting in a Federal Lawsuit, a woman was confined to solitary, without medical attention. She was 8 1/ months pregnant, was denied medical care, and her baby, born alive, died soon after.
Evidence has also come out that the Depiddy also tried to get the County Coroner to cover up the causes of the deaths.
Prosecutors say Milwaukee County Jail officers cut off an inmate’s water for seven consecutive days before the man died of dehydration.
Milwaukee County Assistant District Attorney Kurt Bentley told jurors at an inquest Monday that the inmate, Terrill Thomas, was mentally unstable and unable to ask for help before he died in his cell in April 2016.
The DA’s office is asking a jury for advice on whether there’s probable cause that a crime was committed in Thomas’ death. The medical examiner has already ruled Thomas died because of dehydration.
Testimony and documents at the inquest revealed Thomas was moved to a solitary disciplinary unit where his water was cut off after he used a mattress to flood his cell in another jail unit.
Separately, Thomas’ children have filed a federal civil suit, saying their father’s treatment by Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke and his staff amounts to torture.
Attorney Walter Stern represents three of Thomas’ children. As he left the courtroom Monday afternoon, Stern said it was an interesting day.
“There was a police report indicating that this man was asking for, or begging for water,” Stern said. “Put it all together and it looks like there was profound dehydration.”
Thomas’ death was one of four at the Milwaukee County Jail last year, but Clarke won’t be a witness in the inquest. Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm said don’t read anything into that.
“I don’t think anybody should draw any conclusions. This is really a fact-based investigation,and so, what you try to do is limit yourself to people who have direct knowledge of the incident itself,” Chisholm said.
The inquest may last all week. The prosecutor’s office will then decide whether to file charges.
What has been obvious to a lot of observers for a long time, with the Faux News Network constant stream of on-air racism and vitriol is that it had serious problems, Not just with its on-air personalities, buy down in the very structure of the company.
Bigots hire bigots…and sexual molester stick together.
The Murdochs hoped firing Bill O’Reilly would signal a changing culture at Fox News. “We want to underscore our consistent commitment to fostering a work environment built on the values of trust and respect,” Rupert and his sons, James and Lachlan, wrote in a memo to Fox News employees on Wednesday. But the dismissal of Fox News’s highest rated host isn’t going to end the crisis at the network. The toxic culture, fostered for 20 years by former CEO Roger Ailes, is proving far more difficult to remedy.
Next week, according to sources, seven black Fox News employees plan to join a racial discrimination suit filed last month by two colleagues. The original lawsuit alleged that Fox News’s longtime comptroller, Judy Slater, subjected members of Fox’s payroll staff to racial insults for years. (Fox News fired Slater in February after those employees began litigation against the network.)
Lawyers representing the payroll employees are demanding that Fox’s accounting director, Tammy Efinger, also be removed from supervising an employee because she allegedly participated in Slater’s racist behavior. In a letter to the network’s lawyers obtained by New York, the attorneys state: “Not once did Ms. Efinger step in or attempt to interfere with Ms. Slater’s outrageous conduct.” The letter adds, instead, “Ms. Efinger chose to laugh or giggle following Ms. Slater’s vitriol.”
The letter also includes new allegations of racism in Fox News’s accounting department. According to the plaintiffs’ attorneys, Slater demanded that black employees hold “arm wrestling matches’” with white female employees in her office, just down the hall from Ailes’s office on the 2nd floor of Fox headquarters. “Forcing a black woman employee to ‘fight’ for the amusement and pleasure of her white superiors is horrifying. This highly offensive and humiliating act is reminiscent of Jim Crow era battle royals,” the letter says, referring to the practice of paying black men to fight blindfolded at carnivals for white spectators’ entertainment. The lawyers argue that Efinger bragged about wanting to “fight” a black employee.
The new claims, if true, reveal not just the failures of the legal and HR departments to deal with problematic managers but also just how deep the culture of discrimination and harassment may have run during Ailes’s reign.
Reached for comment, an attorney representing the employees, Jeanne Christensen, said, “There will be more complaints forthcoming in the next few days.”
A Fox News spokesperson said: “We can’t comment on a lawsuit that we haven’t seen yet.”