How did conservatism fail America?
Years Of Right Wing Policies Have Tarnished America
America Is Just The World’s Ninth Best Country
The U.S. rates relatively poorly in the 2009 Legatum Prosperity Index, a ranking of 104 countries in terms of a broad definition of prosperity that includes economic growth and quality of life measures.
America leads big countries, with strong scores for democracy, entrepreneurship and innovation, but it still has a long way to go, easily losing to the Scandinavians, Canadians, Aussies and others in many important categories like health, governance and economic fundamentals.
- The U.S. ranks 1st in the world in Entrepreneurship and Innovation and 2nd in the world in the strength of Democratic Institutions.
- Two other areas of American strength are Education (7th globally), and Social Capital (also 7th globally).
- The U.S. performs worst in the health category, ranking 27th in the world. Dissatisfaction with their overall health is dragging down Americans’ sense of well-being, affecting their determination to get ahead and impacting their faith in the health care system.
- Ranking 19th globally, safety and security is another relative weakness of the U.S. Lower scores are driven by the large number of people in the U.S. who feel they live in unsafe places, coupled with a high per capita murder rate relative to other developed nations.
- The U.S. ranks 16th globally on Governance, indicating that Americans believe that there is too much corruption in their government and sometimes doubt the honesty of elections. The United States’ laws and regulations are generally seen to foster economic growth, but government’s negative effects pull down its citizens’ quality of life.
Four areas of failure –
- Health Care – With the US ranked 27th in the world.
- Public Safety – Gunz everywhere!
- Governance – The stolen and corrupt “sElections” of 2000 and 2004 destroyed faith in the electoral system.
- The Bushit Administration was the most corrupt Administration in American History, with hundreds of billions of dollars stolen by insiders during the Iraq fiasco.