Update on Dollar Bill –
A breakdown of the items Jefferson would have to give up if the jury’s recommendation is followed includes:
- $449,300 in payments to a Dryades Savings Bank Account number in the name of ANJ
- $21,353.47 in payments to a Liberty Bank account in the name of BEP Consulting Services
- 30,775,000 shares in iGate stock
- 1,500,000 shares of stock in W2-IBBS, Limited
- 600 shares of stock in Multi-Media Broad Band Services, Inc.
The total dollar amount is $470,653.47.
Original Post –
It appears that “Cold Cash” will be headed to the “cooler” with Former Congressman William Jefferson’s conviction by Jury yesterday –
In the event you feel a tear coming on for Congressman Jefferson – think of it in these terms…
Most, if not all of the victims of his extortion and bribery schemes were small black American owned companies seeking to do business in Africa. His corruption was pretty much common knowledge in the Minority business community around the DC Beltway – so his arrest wasn’t really a surprise. Whatever good this man may have done for his constituents is vastly outweighed by the fact he let them down.
Come on down, Cold Cash – and collect your Award! Read the rest of this entry »