If the CBC is serious about opposing the Chumph – then I have one more suggestion – Play the Lee Atwater Republican game against them.
Pass a Law which allows anyone convicted of a minor drug or other crime to have the choice of joining the military for 4 years, or going to prison to serve their sentence. Make it applicable at the State and Federal Court level, which I think you can do because of a tweak in the law concerning the Military. Should such such prisoner serve their Military term and receive an Honorable Discharge then the should receive all the benefits accrued by their service, as well as a full restoral of any Voting Rights they may have lost, both while doing their service, and after. Their criminal record should be expunged.
Should the commit a crime while serving, then they are subject to any Military Justice that applies and penalties, as well as after serving those penalties, the will have to serve whatever time they were original sentenced to minus time thy have served in the active Military.
Politically this should be easy to defend. And very difficult for Republicans to defeat.
What it accomplishes is a couple of things which are important.
- It short circuits the school to jail pipeline.
- It kneecaps the private prison system
- It opens up training a job opportunities for youth
- The Military experience will definitely install some discipline
- It provides a pipeline for education where none existed before
And even better from my view in fighting the Chump Reich
- It increases the number of minorities in the Military, which…Prevents the Chumph from using the Military against Minorities
- Trains young folks in self-defense methods and how to use guns to defend their neighborhoods from Trump racist thugs
- It gets some of the hardheads off the street an into something productive
Now – the Rethugs are going to use every dirty trick in the book to fuck over minorities, You – the CBC, need to be their Achilles heel.