Found this partial list of the whoppers told by Trump on the campaign trail… Man obviously has an aversion to the truth.
- On 9/11, he personally saw thousands of Muslims in Jersey City cheering.
- He never said Marco Rubio was Mark Zuckerberg’s “personal senator.”
- There are actually 93 million people not working and the real unemployment rate is about 40 percent.
- The Obama administration is sending Syrian refugees to red states.
- Climate change is a hoax invented by the Chinese.
- He opposed the Iraq War and has dozens of news clippings to prove it.
- Thirteen Syrian refugees were “caught trying to get into the U.S.” (Actually, they just walked up and requested asylum.)
- He never said the stuff Megyn Kelly accused him of saying in the first debate.
- He will allow guns at Trump golf resorts.
- People on the terrorism watch are already prohibited from buying guns.
- Among white homicide victims, 81 percent are killed by blacks.
- America has thehighest tax rate in the world.
- CNN lied when it reported that aspeech he gave in South Carolina was one-third empty.
- His criticism of Ford prompted the company to move a factory from Mexico to Ohio.
- Vaccines cause autism.
- The Obama administration wants to admit 250,000 Syrian refugees.
- ISIS built a luxury hotel in the Middle East.
- He was on 60 Minutes with Vladimir Putin and “got to know him very well.”
- He was never interested in opening a casino in Florida.
- November 17: The United States only started bombing ISIS oil fields “two days ago.”
- His campaign is 100 percent self-funded.
- Mexico doesn’t have birthright citizenship.
- The Iran deal forces us to “fight with Iran against Israel” if Israel attacks Iran.
- We still “really don’t know” if Barack Obama was born in the United States.
- More than 300,000 veterans have died waiting for VA care.
- The Bush White House begged him to tone down his “vocal” opposition to the Iraq War.
And Trumps newest lie – just today
Gettysburg has its “Valley of Death,” Antietam has its “Bloody Lane,” and Perryville has its “Slaughter Pen”—all places where Americans killed one another for four years during the Civil War. Today, we can add to that list, Donald Trump’s “River of Blood.”
The New York Timesreports that the outspoken Republican candidate’s golf course on Lowes Island, along the Potomac River in Virginia includes a historical marker that notes the following: “Many great American soldiers, both of the North and South, died at this spot … The casualties were so great that the water turned red and thus became known as ‘The River of Blood.’” No date is given on the marker as to when this engagement took place. No military units or commanding officers are identified because, according to local historians, there is no evidence that anyone was killed in military combat at this spot during the Civil War.
You can’t travel for long in Virginia without coming across a Civil War battlefield. The state proved to be fertile ground for some of the largest and most costly battles owing to the proximity of both the Confederate capital in Richmond and Washington, D.C. Signs for the battlefields of Cold Harbor, the Wilderness, Spotsylvania, Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, and Manassas dot the major roads between the two cities. To many Americans these hallowed landscapes deserve protection as places of reflection and serve as a reminder of the price paid to preserve this union and abolish slavery. To Donald Trump, it is a history that can be manipulated, even invented whole cloth, as part of a public relations campaign for his Trump National Golf Club.
I am a local Historian who in the past identified an area where there was a previously undocumented skirmish – finding miniball bullets, as well as guns and a sword. While there was a Union fortification on a ridge near Lowes Island (7-8 miles) – they never fired a shot. There was serious fighting 30 miles away near the town of Leesburg, called the Battle of Ball’s Bluff, which was a river crossing, as well as 30 miles to the southeast after the Battle at Bull Run, in Chantilly, Va. Trump is full of smoke.