Another racist tirade from Megyn Kelly -
Here specifically are the problems with Megyn’s rant.
1. The case against the New Black Panthers was dropped on January 8, 2009 – that’s nearly two weeks BEFORE President Obama was sworn in
From the testimony of Thomas Perez, head of the Civil Rights Division, before the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights in May:
This means that the case was downgraded to a civil case 11 days before Obama was inaugurated, 26 days before Eric Holder became attorney general, and about nine months before Thomas Perez was confirmed as head of the Civil Rights Division.
2. Adams accuses two Obama period Justice Department appointees of killing the case and making a policy decision not to prosecute cases against black people -
Adams also said that Deputy Assistant Attorney General Julie Fernandes declared, “Never bring another lawsuit against a black or other national minority, apparently no matter what they do.” But according to the Raben Group, a progressive PR firm Fernades worked for prior to the Justice Department, she didn’t leave her job with them until June 22, 2009, more than six months after the criminal case against the NBPP members was dropped.
Further – As Media Matters demonstrated, Adams himself readily acknowledged that he was not present for the meetings and conversations that he pointed to as evidence supporting his allegations. More from Media Matters -
Reality: Adams’ accusations don’t stand up to the facts
- Adams is a long-time right-wing activist, who is known for filing an ethics complaint against Hugh Rodham that was subsequently dismissed, served as a Bush poll watcher in Florida 2004, and reportedly volunteered for a Republican group that trains lawyers to fight “racially tinged battles over voting rights”;
- Adams was hired to the Justice Department in 2005 by Bradley Schlozman, who was found by the Department of Justice Inspector General and Office of Professional Responsibility to have improperly considered political affiliation when hiring career attorneys — the former head of the DOJ voting rights section reportedly said that Adams was “exhibit A of the type of people hired by Schlozman”;
- Adams has admitted that he does not have first-hand knowledge of the events, conversations, and decisions that he is citing to advance his accusations;
- The Bush administration’s Justice Department — not the Obama administration — made the decision not to pursue criminal charges against members of the New Black Panther Party for alleged voter intimidation at a polling center in Philadelphia in 2008;
- The Obama administration successfully obtained default judgment against Samir Shabazz, a member of the New Black Panther Party carrying a nightstick outside the Philadelphia polling center on Election Day 2008;
- The Bush administration DOJ chose not to pursue similar charges against members of the Minutemen, one of whom allegedly carried a weapon while harassing Hispanic voters in Arizona in 2006;
- No voters have come forward to claim that they were intimidated from voting on account of the New Black Panthers standing outside the polling center in 2008;
- The Republican vice chairwoman of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, which is currently investigating the Justice Department’s decision, has called that investigation “very small potatoes” full of “overheated rhetoric filled with insinuations and unsubstantiated charges,” and said it has not “served the interests of the commission”; she further said that DOJ has given a “plausible argument” for not pursuing additional charges in the case.
Now, as to Megyn’s “discomfort”, she’s acting like a woman spurned – which brigs up the question as to whether she has some “personal” interest…
I mean, would the uhhhh… black Playa who just traded her in on a better model – please introduce her to somebody?
Shabazz… Was that you, brother?
Filed under: Faux News, Stupid Republican Tricks, Stupid Tea Bagger Tricks, The New Jim Crow | Tagged: conservative racism, DOJ, Eric Holder, Faux News, faux news racism, J. Christian Adams, Megyn Kelly, New Black Panthers, President Obama, Racism, racist, rant, Tea Baggers, Tea Party Racism, voter intimidation, woman spurned | Leave a Comment »