Posted on March 23, 2010 by btx3
The folks over at MSNBC were certainly fired up last night. Olbermann, who hasn’t really lit off a good stemwinder of an indictment for a while – hits a grand slam with this one.
Olbermann makes some key points here -
- The despicable acts by the Tea Baggers and Republicans can hardly be considered “isolated incidents”…When they are happening bi-weekly.
- The Republican Party has imploded – based on their own hubris.
And of course – despite profuse and impassioned pronouncements to the contrary by the usual conservative suspects – America isn’t going to collapse due to joining other civilized nations who have “socialized” medicine for the betterment of their citizens…
But the Republican Party may well collapse because they have radicalized themselves out of relevance.
Filed under: Stupid Republican Tricks | Tagged: conservative failure, Conservative racis, death of the republican party, epic fail, fail, health care, implosion, Republican hate, Republican Party, republican racism | 2 Comments »
Posted on October 28, 2009 by btx3
How did conservatism fail America?
Years Of Right Wing Policies Have Tarnished America
America Is Just The World’s Ninth Best Country
The U.S. rates relatively poorly in the 2009 Legatum Prosperity Index, a ranking of 104 countries in terms of a broad definition of prosperity that includes economic growth and quality of life measures.
America leads big countries, with strong scores for democracy, entrepreneurship and innovation, but it still has a long way to go, easily losing to the Scandinavians, Canadians, Aussies and others in many important categories like health, governance and economic fundamentals.
- The U.S. ranks 1st in the world in Entrepreneurship and Innovation and 2nd in the world in the strength of Democratic Institutions.
- Two other areas of American strength are Education (7th globally), and Social Capital (also 7th globally).
- The U.S. performs worst in the health category, ranking 27th in the world. Dissatisfaction with their overall health is dragging down Americans’ sense of well-being, affecting their determination to get ahead and impacting their faith in the health care system.
- Ranking 19th globally, safety and security is another relative weakness of the U.S. Lower scores are driven by the large number of people in the U.S. who feel they live in unsafe places, coupled with a high per capita murder rate relative to other developed nations.
- The U.S. ranks 16th globally on Governance, indicating that Americans believe that there is too much corruption in their government and sometimes doubt the honesty of elections. The United States’ laws and regulations are generally seen to foster economic growth, but government’s negative effects pull down its citizens’ quality of life.
Four areas of failure -
- Health Care – With the US ranked 27th in the world.
- Public Safety – Gunz everywhere!
- Governance – The stolen and corrupt “sElections” of 2000 and 2004 destroyed faith in the electoral system.
- The Bushit Administration was the most corrupt Administration in American History, with hundreds of billions of dollars stolen by insiders during the Iraq fiasco.
Filed under: Stupid Republican Tricks | Tagged: America loses, American corruption, conservative failure, Health Vare Debate | Leave a comment »
Posted on July 30, 2009 by btx3
Listening to Glenn Beck and Michelle Maliken this week you would have to believe that every old white guy in the country has a bulls eye painted on his back. White victimization is a popular string among the racist set, where a long line of perceived disadvantages manufacture the justification for hate.
Bread Line Statue at Franlin Delano Roosevelt Memorial
The target audience for this currently is disaffected older white males, who are suffering from the recession/depression which was manufactured by failed conservative policies. Obviously, it is Beck and his kindred talking heads job to point the blame at Minorities – instead of squarely at folks like him who enabled the crippling of the nation’s economy.
Turns out there is some real pain out there to leverage racial hatred from -
Older white males hurt more by this recession Continue reading
Filed under: The Post-Racial Life | Tagged: conservative failure, conservative racism, depression, hate groups, hate radio, hate TV, jobless, recession, republican racism, white men, white men built this country | Leave a comment »
Posted on July 27, 2009 by btx3
Another in a long list of conservative failures -
A Time Magazine Cover from 1985 covering the epidemic in Teen Age pregnancy. After years of turning this around, it's on the rise again, along with the rate of deadly STDs among children because of policies of the Bush Administration.
Teenage pregnancies and syphilis have risen sharply among a generation of American school girls who were urged to avoid sex before marriage under George Bush’s evangelically-driven education policy, according to a new report by the US’s major public health body.
Filed under: The Post-Racial Life | Tagged: Abstinence, Bush, conservative failure, Faith Based, genocide, health care, Health Care Debate, infant mortality, republican failure, republican hypocrisy, Republicans failure, STDs, Teenage pregnacy, The New Jim Crow | Leave a comment »